Friday, June 8, 2012

Top 100 Erotica at Amazon


I am proud to say my story, Breeding the Princess has made the top 100 list under erotica over at Amazon - in Books and the Kindle Store.

I've three reviews, all over the place. Two four stars, and one one star.

It was interesting, because one of the four star reviews and the one star both came from reviewers familiar with my work, and who've given me favorable reviews. The one star pretty much thought the story sucked, while the four star claimed to love the story and characters.

The other four star was rather interesting. She pointed out there were a few minor errors in the story. She wrote " none of them amounted to more than minor annoyances." Well, I do apologize for those errors. This morning I reedited the book and just finished reloading the files on the various sites. The new file is already on Smashwords, yet will probably take 24 hours before it shows up on Barnes and Noble and Amazon. It usually takes a week or so before the other sites get the corrected file.

The reviewer which pointed out the errors, called it a "Surprisingly Sweet" story and wrote "Overall this is an enjoyable read, which is somewhere between erotica and erotic romance. It has less sex and more tenderness than most erotica, despite the harsh premise of the story."

But the reviewer also noted that if she had the ability, she would have docked the score 1/2 star for the minor errors, and the fact she felt the description was misleading. She also considered the ending rushed, whereas the other four star review didn't feel the ending was rushed.

I would like my reviewers to know I really appreciate your honest reviews - even those that take me to task. And I understand not all stories will appeal to all readers. If just one reader loves my story, I am tickled. Of course, there is no excuse to let the errors stand, so I do apologize for those, and hope I caught them all.

Thanks! Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment